Saabs in the Snow event–update

Thanks for everyone’s interest–we’re going ahead with this event.

At this point, Beaver Valley is in a commanding lead in our poll, and there is an excellent country market stop we can make (I have been buying apples from there for years), as well as a lunch stop that I am very sure you would never stumble across on your own (it was recommended to me at the market).

As we have seen in Eastern Canada recently, weather is unpredictable. For this event, we don’t want “too good”–warm and sunny will just make a mess–and we don’t want “too bad”–the roads will be closed, dangerous, or both. Therefore, I am proposing that we have an event date and a weather alternate: January 19th as the event date, and January 26th as the alternate seem to be the best choices.

If the weather is okay, but the roads are really bad, Tiny Beaches remains a viable alternative.

Because the weather and road conditions can change dramatically over just a few days, we will have to have a GO/NO-GO decision fairly close to the event. In addition to posting here, I am looking at ways for interested people to register for e-mail updates. Further details will be posted early in the New Year.

Please let me know what you think.


One Reply to “Saabs in the Snow event–update”

  1. So the forecast is:
    Grey - Bruce.
    Wednesday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of snow. Low minus 4. High minus 3.
    Thursday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of snow. Low minus 9. High minus 6.
    Friday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of snow. Low minus 6. High minus 4.
    Saturday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 10. High minus 8.
    Sunday..Cloudy with 70 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 11. High minus 8.
    Normals for the period..Low minus 9. High minus 2.

    It would be preferable to have no snow on the day of the event, but we get what we get. Hopefully the daily snow next week will likewise be cleared away daily. In my experience, they’re good at plowing the snow in Grey county. I will need to go up and check Friday it seems.

Leave a Reply